Grandma making dozens of roses for a wedding cake.
My grandmother had a real gift for making cakes. I remember she would sit in the kitchen for hours making flower, leaves, and painting on cakes. Anytime someone had a birthday or a wedding we could count on her to make our cake. My favorite was a cake she did for my fifth birthday. It was a Barbie doll cake made with cupcakes and her skirt.
While my grandmother didn’t write down any of her cake recipes she did leave me with a cheesecake one. I haven’t had a chance to try this for myself, but I do remember loving it. I suggest topping it with fruit, but it’s great plain.
4 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese
16 oz whipping cream
16 oz sour cream
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cup sugar
1. Beat all ingredients until no lumps.
2. Pour into greased spring pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Shut oven off – leave cake in.
5. Put pot holder in door to crack it open and let set all night.